DIFFICULTY : MODERATE TIME: 30 MINUTES SERVES: 4
These Asian-inspired Delicato® Butter Lettuce Wraps are gluten-free and packed with spicy flavor!
Heart Health Benefits of Lettuce
Loading the player...The Heart Health Benefits of Lettuce <p>The Heart Health Benefits of Lettuce: featuring Dr. Graham Wong, <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/cardiologist">Cardiologist,</a> and Sarah Ware, <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Registered Dietician</a>.</p>
The Heart Health Benefits of Lettuce: featuring Dr. Graham Wong, Cardiologist, and Sarah Ware, Registered Dietician.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Pork Lettuce Wraps
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Pork Lettuce Wraps Chef Dana Reinhardt, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Pork Lettuce Wraps.Chef Dana Reinhardt, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Pork Lettuce Wraps.
Windset Farms® Pork Lettuce Wraps
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pointed hot pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp fish sauce*
- 3 tbsp sweet chili sauce*
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 head Delicato® Butter Lettuce, washed and leaves separated
* Available in the Asian section of most supermarkets
- In a bowl, mix pork, beef, garlic, kosher salt, shallots and hot pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together lime juice, fish sauce and sweet chili sauce.
- In a skillet, heat canola oil over medium/high heat. Add meat mixture and cook until no pink remains (about 8 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes and stir in fresh herbs. Top with chopped peanuts and serve with Delicato® Butter Lettuce leaves for wrapping.