Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...The Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes <p>Heart Disease:<a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/cardiologist"> Cardiologist </a>and <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician"> Registered Dietician</a> talk about the Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes</p>
Heart Disease: Cardiologist and Registered Dietician talk about the Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Tomato Pepper Bolognese
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Tomato Pepper Bolognese Executive Chef Trevor Bird, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Tomato Pepper Bolognese.Executive Chef Trevor Bird, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Tomato Pepper Bolognese.
Windset Farms® Tomato Pepper Bolognese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 Maestro® Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 1/2 lb Tomatoes On The Vine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- Salt to taste
- 500g of dried pasta
- Organic Basil for garnish
- Parmesan to taste
- Chilies to taste, optional
- In a large pot on medium heat, sweat onions, garlic, carrots, Maestro® Bell Pepper, with oil and salt for 10 minutes. When all looks translucent, remove veggies from the pan and turn up the heat to high heat.
- In the same pot, cook pork and beef with salt until fully cooked.
- In the meat mixture, add in fennel seed, tomato paste, cooked veggies, and diced tomatoes, cook for 10 minutes.
- Simmer on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to the package.
- Heat cooked pasta in a pan with sauce over medium high heat.
- Toss and place in a bowl. Finish with fresh organic basil and fresh Parmesan. Enjoy!