The Heart Benefits of Bell Peppers
Loading the player...The Heart Health Benefits of Bell Peppers <p>The Heart Health Benefits of Bell Peppers: <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/cardiologist">Cardiologist, </a>and Registered <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician">Dietician</a>.</p>
The Heart Health Benefits of Bell Peppers: Cardiologist, and Registered Dietician.
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Golden Mac 'n' Cheese
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Golden Mac 'n' Cheese Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Golden Mac 'n' Cheese.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Golden Mac 'n' Cheese.
Windset Farms® Golden Mac 'n' Cheese
- 2 yellow, Maestro® Sweet Bell Peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 yellow, Dolce® Super Sweet Baby Bell Peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 package noodles of choice (macaroni, corkscrew, trivella)
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 stick sweet butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup white wine (optional)
- 4 cups 2% or homo milk
- 1 small tub (226 g) cream cheese
- 2 cups smoked cheddar, grated
- 2 cups aged white cheddar, grated
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- Roast bell pepper and baby bell peppers at 375ºF, until golden brown (about 30 minutes). Let cool, peel skins, seed and do a rough chop. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until just under al denté. Strain, toss with olive oil and cool on a large baking tray (do not run under cold water).
- In a medium saucepot, melt butter and sauté onion over medium heat until tender. Add white wine (optional) and milk.
- When the milk is simmering, add cream cheese, smoked cheddar and 1 cup of aged white cheddar, cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped peppers and simmer for 5 minutes. Add Dijon mustard and season with salt and cracked black pepper and purée in a blender until smooth.
- Combine cooling pasta and sauce together. Cover with another cup of aged cheddar (parmesan can also be used).
- Either serve immediately, or pour into a shallow baking dish and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown on top.