The Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Loading the player...The Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes <p>Heart Disease:<a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/cardiologist"> Cardiologist </a>and <a href="https://www.healthchoicesfirst.com/practitioner-type/registered-dietician"> Registered Dietician</a> talk about the Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes</p>
Heart Disease: Cardiologist and Registered Dietician talk about the Heart Health Benefits of Tomatoes
Cooking Video : Windset Farms® Mexican Tortilla Tomato Soup
Loading the player...Windset Farms® Mexican Tortilla Tomato Soup Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Mexican Tortilla Tomato Soup.Executive Chef Ned Bell, Windset Farms®, creates an easy and delicious recipe for Mexican Tortilla Tomato Soup.
Windset Farms® Mexican Tortilla Tomato Soup
- 2 lbs Virtuoso® Beefsteak Tomatoes
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 Gusto® Hot Peppers, charred
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup Queso Fresco (feta cheese is a good substitute)
- 5 crispy corn tostadas
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- canola oil
- kosher salt
- In a very hot oven or barbecue char tomatoes until they are dark in color. The more char, the bolder the flavor. Char hot peppers as well, removing the stem and the seeds.
- In a large pot, sauté white onions and garlic in a little canola oil. Add charred tomatoes and peppers and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove and purée in a blender.
- Season with salt. Garnish with chopped avocado, Queso Fresco cheese, crispy tostadas and green onions.
*Option to add grilled prawns, grilled chicken, steak or beans on the side.